Each of these little crumb-coated balls (or dumplings) bears a surprise inside: a whole peeled apricot that’s been stuffed with a sugar cube, covered in a cream-cheese dough, and boiled until cooked inside and out before rolling in the coating. As for the coating, breadcrumbs are pan-fried with a little butter, sugar, ground pistachios, and a pinch of cinnamon. The bite-sized nibbles are just right for a summer cocktail party.
- 70 grams butter (soft)
- 1 eggs
- 50 grams semolina (fine)
- 130 grams wheat flour
- 250 grams cream cheese (25% fat)
- 8 apricots
- 20 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams bread crumbs (fine)
- 30 grams pistachios (ground)
- Work 50 grams of soft butter to a cream in a bowl, add egg, and then semolina and flour. Mix.
- Add cream cheese, mix for a thick dough.
- Store in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Remove the seeds from apricots trying if possible not to cut them in 2, replace the apricot seeds with a sugar square, and close apricot.
- Divide the dough into 8 identical balls, slightly flour your fingers since the dough is a bit sticky.
- Flatten the balls on a floured surface. Wrap each apricot completely in dough, press firmly so that it sticks on the fruit.
- Heat 20 grams of butter in a skillet, add bread crumbs, sugar, pistachio powder, and a pinch of cinnamon, let it color a bit.
- Heat a large pot of water.
- When boiling, gently dip dumplings in the water for 12 to 15 minutes until they rise to the surface.
- Remove from water, immediately roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.