Dreaming of a vacation to the South of Italy? Bring the flavors of Naples to your home kitchen with these quick and easy Margherita naan pizzas.
- 4 pieces naan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 basil leaves
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the naan breads onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle ½ tsp. of olive oil over each naan bread. Using the back of a spoon or clean hands, rub the oil over the surface of each bread.
- Spoon a generous 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce onto the center of each naan bread. Use the back of a spoon to spread it into an even layer, leaving a ½” border.
- With a sharp knife, slice the mozzarella into rounds a scant ¼” thick.
- Optional: Slice the tomato into slices 1/8” thick.
- Finely mince the garlic.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll into a tight log. With a sharp knife, make very thin slices across the log, creating ribbons of basil.
- Arrange an equal amount of the mozzarella slices over each naan bread.
- Optional: Evenly distribute the tomato slices over each naan pizza.
- Sprinkle the naan pizzas with the minced garlic, and half of the basil ribbons. Reserve the other half for garnish.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the naan is crisp.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the naan pizzas to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Top with the reserved basil ribbons, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Slice and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories30Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.