Impress your family or guests with this delicious pork roast, with south-of-the-border flavors that everyone will enjoy. Serve with Spicy Chipotle Rice, Festive Corn Muffins and fruit salad. Add margaritas to drink, if desired!
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (grated)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (cracked)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Place pork in large self-sealing bag; combine tequila, lime juice, oil, garlic and salt in medium bowl and pour over pork. Seal bag; refrigerate 24-48 hours. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade, pat pork dry.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl, pat seasoning mixture over all surfaces of pork. Place pork in shallow roasting pan; roast for 1 hour (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.