Marbled Foie Gras with Pistachios, Apricots, and GingerbreadOn dine chez Nanou
Quick, easy, and in 30 minutes have a luxuriously smooth marbled Foie Gras. Balsamic vinegar, pistachios, and gingerbread are used to elevate the gamy taste of Foie Gras and add bitterness. Delicately paired with the sweetness of dried apricots and nutty, smooth, texture of the hazelnuts. Serve next to some bright succulent apricots, a few baby spinach leaves, crackers, and scattering over a few bright green, chopped pistachios for an artistic mouth-watering appeal.
- 8 dried apricot (soft, plus 4 apricots for presentation)
- 40 grams unsalted pistachios (plus 20 grams for presentation)
- 6 slices gingerbread (0.5 cm thick)
- 400 grams foie gras (deveined duck)
- 100 grams baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- ground black pepper
- 1Dice 8 dried apricots in small cubes.
- 2Chop the pistachios with a knife or with a rolling pin without reducing them to powder.
- 3Cut the gingerbread slices depending on the size of circle or rectangle forms used.
- 4If you do not have individual circles, you can also make this recipe in flexible molds, and finish your decoration with a slice of gingerbread.
- 5Cut foie gras in 1 centimeter thick slices. Season foie gras with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat a frying pan over high heat.
- 7When the pan is very hot, cook the foie gras 1 minute on each side until slightly colored.
- 8Place gingerbread slice in individual circle form.
- 9Add pieces of foie gras, and pack down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- 10Add a layer of diced apricots and crushed pistachios. Then cover with a layer of foie gras, finishing with a layer dried fruits, to completely fill the circle.
- 11The slices of foie gras must not be the full size of the metal form, but rather smaller, in order to achieve different sized marbled layers. Cover with a plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight with a weight on top.
- 12Just before serving, make the salad dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar, hazelnut oil, salt and pepper.
- 13To detach foie gras, use the blade of a knife (put in hot water) to edge between the marbled layers and the form.
- 14Place on serving dish, add crushed pistachios, half an apricot, and the spinach on top.