A unique black and white cookie, these Marbled Cookies are essentially your favorite marble cake in cookie form. A straightforward butter cookie recipe, melted dark chocolate is added to half of the dough to create the signature marble effect. Make…
the cookie dough at least the day before you plan on baking the cookies as the dough needs to refrigerate overnight. Roll the dough into a cylinder before chilling so that you can just slice and bake the cookies the next day.
- 210 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 115 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 160 grams sugar
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until white and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg and stir into the butter mixture. Add the flour mixture little by little.
- Divide the dough into 2 sections and add the chocolate to one of the sections.
- Place both sections of dough together and roll out into a cylinder. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut into slices. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Cool on a baking rack.
|Calories610Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.