- 4 apples (cored and cubed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sticks softened butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 medium eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix the apples with the cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until it is light and creamy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture one tablespoon at a time alternating with 1/3 cup of milk. Once all the ingredients are combined, half the mixture in two separate bowls. Into one half stir in the cocoa powder. Into the other half stir in 3 tbsp of milk. Pour the lighter mixture into a greased and floured 13 x 14 inch baking pan. Spread the darker mixture on top, and with a fork, marble the two mixtures. Spread the diced apples on the batter and bake for about 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, heat the cream in a saucepan to just below boiling, add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. When the chocolate begins to set, smooth it over the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 1 1/2-2 hours
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler. Using a spoon swirl the white chocolate over the cake.
- To serve cut the cake into pieces.
|Calories510Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.