The beautiful marble effect of this cake is created by making two separate batters. Vanilla is added to one batter while cocoa powder is added to the other. The two batters are then swirled together for a mixture of chocolate vanilla flavor with each bite and also creates a beautiful marble effect that makes for an attractive cake. Ready in less than an hour, this cake has a baking time of just 20 minutes.
- 100 grams butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 large eggs yolks (and whites separated)
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 200 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 20 x 20 centimeter cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolks and milk until combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix until just absorbed.
- Separately, in a bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold them into the first mixture.
- Divide the batter in 2. In 1 half, add the vanilla. In the other half, add the cocoa powder.
- Pour the 2 batters into the cake pan alternating batters. With a knife, insert the tip into the batter and swirl it around between the 2 batters.
- Bake 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
|Calories560Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.