Marble Bundt CakeL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Make one batter and divide it into two bowls to make this showy, two-toned bundt cake, which features beaten egg whites for a light, airy cake. Cocoa, chocolate and rum go into one, while the plain batter relies on the flavor of lemon zest and vanilla extract alone. Use a fork or toothpick to swirl the two. Then, bake it until cooked through, cool it and christen with some powdered sugar.
- 250 grams softened butter (at room temperature)
- 250 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon peel
- cold milk (1/8 lt.)
- 400 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (powdered)
- 50 grams chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1Cream the butter with 200 gr. of sugar and the vanilla extract until foamy.
- 2Add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 3Then add 2 tbsp. of flour, the milk and the grated lemon peel.
- 4Beat the egg whites, add the remaining sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 5Sift the flour with the baking powder.
- 6Carefully fold the egg whites and the flour into the butter mixture.
- 7Divide the batter into two bowls, adding the cocoa, the chocolate, and the rum to one bowl.
- 8Place half of the plain batter in a buttered and floured bundt cake pan, then add the chocolate batter and last, the remaining plain batter.
- 9Use a fork to create the marble effect by swirling it around in the batter.
- 10Bake at 180C for approximately 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool the cake and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1220Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.