- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 pound marzipan (grated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 8 3/4 ounces dark chocolate (broken into pieces and melted)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 ounces white chocolate (broken into pieces and melted)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar then add egg yolks. Add marzipan and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, gradually adding remaining sugar. Fold in flour, baking powder and ground almonds then fold mixture into marzipan mixture. Transfer 1/3 of batter to Bundt pan.
- Mix 3.5 oz of melted dark chocolate into 1/2 of remaining batter along with cocoa, rum and almond liqueur. Transfer to bundt pan then top with remaining plain batter. Run a fork through batters to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 mins then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread remaining melted dark chocolate over cake and allow to dry. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and allow to dry.
|Calories370Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.