- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup (or pure maple)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon (or whiskey)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (*, optional)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint. Line bottom of broiler pan with aluminum foil; arrange rack on top. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Arrange chicken on prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with wire whisk until smooth. Toss chicken with sauce in large bowl. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.