- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup (or pure maple)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon (or whiskey)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 3 pounds chicken (cut into serving pieces)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise until smooth.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.