Maple Sriracha Brined Pork Chops with Brussels SproutsPORK
This recipe is courtesy of The Daley Plate.
- 2 cups water
- pure maple syrup
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts (halved)
- 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- Combine water, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and bay leaf in a shallow resealable container that has a lid. Whisk until clear then fully submerge pork chops. Place the lid on and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight. Pat dry using a paper towel when ready to use.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/3 cup maple syrup, sriracha and grated ginger. Brush pork chops with a few tablespoons of this marinade then grill for 1 minute per side over medium heat using a griddle pan. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Toss brussels sprouts in 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan along with the pork chops.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, checking halfway through to make sure the pork chops do not overcook - pull them from the oven earlier if you must. Pour remaining marinade over the chops and brussels sprouts toward the end of the cooking time with 5 minutes to go so that it does not caramelize too much. When removing from the heat, the internal temperature should be at 145 F followed by a 3-minute rest.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories470Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes