- 4 bone-in ribeye pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate (Thawed)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried sage (Crumbled, Or 1/4 Cup Fresh Sage, Snipped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (Coarsely Ground)
- 3 granny smith apples (Large, Cored And Sliced)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 jalapeno chilies (Cored, Seeded, And Cut In Half*)
- In large self-sealing bag, mix together the apple juice concentrate, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sage, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and seal bag; refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Prepare Sizzling Applesauce while chops marinate. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill; remove chops from marinade (discard any remaining marinade) and grill over direct heat for a total of 10-12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve with Sizzling Applesauce.
- Serves 4
- Sizzling Applesauce: In a medium saucepan, combine apples, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, clove, cinnamon stick and jalapeno. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until apples are soft. Remove from heat; discard clove and cinnamon stick. Puree mixture in food processor. Cover and let cool at room temperature up to 3 hours or, if making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to one week.