- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup crisco (® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 stick crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack Original Syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (Pillsbury BEST™)
- 1 1/2 cups ground pecans (finely)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons crisco (® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 stick butter
- 6 tablespoons crisco
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. BEAT brown sugar and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, syrup, maple extract and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Combine flour, ground pecans, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- 3. ROLL dough, a disk at a time, on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of wax paper sprinkled with flour, to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out with floured 3-inch scalloped round cookie cutter. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Place a pecan in the center of half of the cookies.
- 4. BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 5. COMBINE powdered sugar, shortening, maple extract and salt in medium bowl. Beat at low speed until smooth. Add milk. Beat until mixture is smooth. Spread filling on flat side of plain cookies. Place cookies with pecan on top.