Toss the instant oatmeal packets aside and make a big batch of this easy maple nut baked oatmeal to eat throughout the week instead!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ounces pecans (or walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray a 9” square pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the oats, milk, egg, melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, maple extract, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Finely chop the nuts. Add to the oat mixture and fold to distribute.
- Pour the oatmeal into the prepared baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the oatmeal for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and firm in the center.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven. Allow to cool for five minutes before serving.
- Serve drizzled with additional maple syrup, if desired.