Sweet and savory make a perfect marriage in this pork chop dish featuring maple and blue cheese. Serve with steamed broccoli, Sliced Tomatoes Vinaigrette and hot French bread.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon (style mustard)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- In shallow bowl stir together vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, thyme, and hot pepper sauce. Add chops, turn several times to coat well. Heat heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade, and cook, turning once, about 4 minutes per side, or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. *
- In small bowl stir together blue cheese and butter until smooth. Transfer chops to serving platter; top each with a dab of blue cheese butter.