- 4 bone-in ribeye pork chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flavored syrup (maple-)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- black pepper (To taste, coarsely ground)
- In small saucepan sauté onion in oil under tender, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in syrup, vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and pepper; let simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill chops over medium-hot fire for a total of 12-16 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. During last couple of minutes on the grill, brush liberally with glaze, turning frequently to glaze evenly. Allow to rest 3 minutes before serving.