Maple Mousse with Speculoos and BerriesOn dine chez Nanou
Mousse is a mouthwatering dessert. It is creamy and dreamy and can be made many different ways. This recipe for Light Chocolate Mousse with Maple Syrup is decadent and rich. It combines the richness of chocolate with the sweetness of maple syrup all topped with fresh blueberries or raspberries for a dessert that will tantalize the taste buds and please the palate. Be sure to make this recipe the next time you want to show someone you care.
- 2 egg whites
- 150 grams maple syrup
- 3 speculaas cookies (crumbled)
- blueberries (or raspberries)
- 1Bring the syrup to boil in a saucepan.
- 2At the same time, whisk the egg whites until stiff .
- 3When the syrup has lost half of its volume, drizzle it directly on the egg whites without stopping to whisk.
- 4Whisk the mixture in order to cool it.
- 5Carefully pour the mousse into glasses. Sprinkle with broken cookies and fresh fruit. Add a dash of maple syrup if desired.
- 6Serve immediately.