Mousse is a mouthwatering dessert. It is creamy and dreamy and can be made many different ways. This recipe for Light Chocolate Mousse with Maple Syrup is decadent and rich. It combines the richness of chocolate with the sweetness of maple syrup all topped with fresh blueberries or raspberries for a dessert that will tantalize the taste buds and please the palate. Be sure to make this recipe the next time you want to show someone you care.
- 2 egg whites
- 150 grams maple syrup
- 3 speculaas cookies (crumbled)
- blueberries (or raspberries)
- Bring the syrup to boil in a saucepan.
- At the same time, whisk the egg whites until stiff .
- When the syrup has lost half of its volume, drizzle it directly on the egg whites without stopping to whisk.
- Whisk the mixture in order to cool it.
- Carefully pour the mousse into glasses. Sprinkle with broken cookies and fresh fruit. Add a dash of maple syrup if desired.
- Serve immediately.