- 14 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- red onions (4 medium, 1 1/2 lbs, peeled and quartered)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to prevent browning. Cut them into thick slices and return them to the water.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Drain the sweet potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels. Place the potatoes and onion on a tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Drizzle the sweet potatoes only with maple syrup and sprinkle everything with sea salt. Bake for about 40 mins.