- 1 pound andouille sausage (find in the lunch meat/hot dog section of the grocery cooler)
- 1 pound bacon (thin sliced maple flavored)
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar (– or any type of wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (REAL)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with baking rack that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray (the Aluminum foil and spray are a MUST – this is a messy recipe).
- Cut the Andouille sausage down the middle lengthwise. Then cut each half into 1 inch pieces. Cut the 1 lb of bacon into 3rds. Wrap one bacon around each piece of sausage and secure with a toothpick. Set these aside while you make the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the other ingredients (except the garnish). Heat over low heat and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Keep sauced warmed on stove top. Set aside ¼ cup of the glaze for the final glaze application.
- Brush each bacon wrapped sausage with the glaze and set on the baking sheet/rack. Bake for a total of 40 minutes, remove the pan from the oven every 15 minutes and baste with the glaze. On removing from the oven, use a spoon and drizzle a small amount of the glaze that you set aside onto each bacon wrapped sausage bite. (don’t use the basting brush you had already been using as it has probably touched the raw bacon you started out with and this application will not be going back in the oven). Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1260Calories from Fat750|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat750|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.