Mantova-style Pumpkin TortelliL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Inspired by the regional Italian cuisine of Mantova, Lombardy, these handmade ravioli are filled with a mixture of roasted pumpkin, finely chopped, pickled apples and amaretti cookies, a mixture that's offset by salty Parmesan cheese and a dash of nutmeg. Once boiled, the toothsome pasta is simply dressed with butter and additional Parmesan, resulting in a sweet-savory, indulgent main course that takes considerably less time to prepare than you might expect.
- 1 kilogram pumpkin
- 160 grams cookies (amaretto, chopped finely)
- 160 grams apples (pickled, chopped finely)
- 180 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 80 grams butter
- ground nutmeg
- ground pepper
- 600 grams all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut open the pumpkin and remove the seeds, peel it and cut it into pieces, then bake it at 180C until tender.
- 2Remove the pumpkin from the oven and put it through a food mill.
- 3Place the pumpkin puree in a bowl, add the amaretto cookies, pickled apple, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients until well combined.
- 4Prepare the pasta dough with the flour, a pinch of salt, and the eggs.
- 5Knead the dough well, then roll it out.
- 6Cut out rectangles measuring 8x4 centimeters.
- 7Place a teaspoon of the filling on each rectangle, then seal the rectangles closed, pinching the edges well.
- 8Cook the pasta in boiling salted water or broth.
- 9Season with butter and parmesan cheese and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1350Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.