Just when the thought of another tossed green salad leaves you feeling bored, this recipe will offer fresh inspiration. Sliced apples and cubed mango is a refreshing change of pace from other fruit pairings, while walnuts and cheese make delightful…
toppings. Arugula is a peppery addition to the usual lettuce mix, and to allow all these flavors to shine through the "dressing" is simply olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- lettuce (mix, to taste)
- arugula (to taste)
- 1 apple
- 1/2 mango
- 1 handful nuts
- cheese (Island, to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- Wash the lettuce and arugula and place them in a serving bowl.
- Cut the apple into quarters and slice.
- Cut the mango into cubes.
- Add the fruit to the bowl with the lettuce and arugula.
- Season with olive oil and lemon juice to taste, mix well.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and island cheese.