- 4 eggs (separated)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar (super fine)
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 mangoes (ripe, 1/2 thinly sliced, 1 1/2 puréed)
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 cups passion fruit juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 ounces chopped hazelnuts
- sugar pearls (Pink, and candles, to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 inch diameter spring form pan. Beat the egg whites and 3 tbsp cold water until forming stiff peaks, gradually adding the vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of sugar. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Sift in the flour, cornstarch and baking powder and fold in. Spoon into the pan and smooth out. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix four-fifths of the mango purée with 1 cup of cottage cheese, 2/3 cup passion fruit juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 cup of sugar. In a small saucepan set over a low heat, stir in 3 tbsp mango mixture and mix in half of the gelatin until completely dissolved. Then stir this into the remaining mango mixture. Chill until it begins to solidify.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cut horizontally into 3 equal pieces by inserting a knife into the center and rotating the cake around it. Place the bottom cake on a cake plate and spread over the mango cream and lightly press the second cake on top.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the cottage cheese, 3/4 cup passion fruit juice, the rest of the lemon juice and the rest of the sugar. On the stove, heat up 3 tbsp cottage cheese mixture, stirring in the rest of the gelatin until completely dissolved. Add this back into the remaining cottage cheese mixture. Chill until it begins to solidify.
- Whip 1 cup cream until forming stiff peaks and fold into the cottage cheese mixture, then fold in 5 slices of mango. Spread over the cake, then gently press the final cake on top. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Mix the remaining mango purée with the remaining passion fruit juice. Spread the purée mixture over the top. Whip 1 cup cream until forming stiff peaks. Spoon one-third into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and spread the remainder around the edge of the cake. Press the hazelnuts around the edge. Pipe tufts of cream around the cake and top with mango slices. Sprinkle with pink sugar pearls and decorate with candles.
|Calories340Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.