Mango and Coconut Sponge CakeLa Cocina de Babel
Reminiscent to a pineapple upside down cake, this mango and coconut sponge cake is baked upside down and inverted for an attractive tropical sponge cake. Mangos and a buttery caramel sauce are put into the bottom of the cake pan to be topped by a creamy coconut cake batter. The end result is a deliciously tropical cake that is perfect for summertime. Bake time on this cake is 50 minutes. Instructions for preparation are intended for a food processor.
- 60 grams butter (+ a little more for greasing)
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 80 grams cane sugar
- 400 grams mango (in syrup, drained)
- 120 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 milliliters coconut cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 195 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- 2Grease a cake pan and set aside.
- 3In a heavy pan, melt the butter with the 2 types of sugar on a very low heat, until it begins to caramelize.
- 4Transfer to the cake pan and arrange the mango pieces on top. Set aside.
- 5In a food processor, add the butter and sugar and mix well.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time, while continuing to mix.
- 7With the machine still running, add the coconut cream until completely blended.
- 8Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder over the mixture and mix in with a spatula.
- 9Spoon in the mixture over the mango.
- 10Cook for 50 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.