Once you've invested in a good quality ice cream machine it pays to find a variety of ways to use it to make ice creams and other frozen desserts in a range of flavors. This one features mangos and coconut in a tropical dream of a dessert, with honey and lime juice the only other ingredients. You can and should sweetend the ice cream base to your own preferences, adding more or less honey accordingly. Same goes for the lime juice.
- 2 mangoes (very ripe)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- 1/2 lime juice
- Grind the mango pulp until pureed. Add honey to taste, the coconut milk, and the lime juice. Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the mixture in ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in container and store in the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Note: Instead of honey you can sweeten with 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.