If you are searching for a sweet and refreshing way to pack more fruit in your diet, then try this recipe for Mango Salad with Strawberries. The fresh fruit pair perfectly with the sauce for a cool and comforting dessert any day of the week. Serve this up with iced tea while sitting on the back porch this summer for a sweet and sensational treat. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 500 grams strawberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 Orange (juice)
- sugar syrup (5 cl. cane)
- 1 mango
- fresh mint leaves
- Wash strawberries, remove stems, and pat dry thoroughly.
- In the blender, grind 125 grams of strawberries to a very fine puree.
- Split vanilla bean in half and scrape out the tiny black seeds.
- Extract the orange juice.
- In a saucepan, heat the strawberry puree, vanilla seeds, orange juice, and cane sugar syrup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When done, strain the sauce.
- Peel the mango and finely chop the pulp.
- Slice the remaining strawberries.
- Place the chopped mango and sliced strawberries in a bowl and drizzle with the sauce.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate.
- To serve, divide the mixture in individual cups and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.