Mango PieLe ricette di Micol
Summertime means warmer weather, longer days, and, of course, plenty of outdoor parties. Delight all of your guests and friends with this delicious recipe for Mango Pie. Bring the flavors of the tropics to your party with this Mango Pie that features a rich mango filling in a homemade pie crust. The pie crust is made with a mixture of flour and potato starch for a rich flaky dough that carries a light vanilla flavor lended by the addition of grated tonka bean.
- 200 grams flour
- 50 grams potato starch
- 2 egg yolks (hard-boiled, completely cooled)
- 120 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams salted butter
- beans (Grated Tonka, as needed)
- 1 tablespoon water (or milk, if necessary)
- 1 mango (ripe)
- 100 grams raw sugar
- lemon juice
- 1Remove the yolk from the hard-boiled eggs and place them through a sieve.
- 2Then add the flour, the potato starch, the sugar, the grated Tonka bean, and the softened butter to the hard-boiled yolks.
- 3Knead quickly, shape the dough into a ball, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 30 minutes.
- 4In the meantime, peel the mango and eliminate the pit, cut it into pieces and place it in a pan with the sugar and the juice of half a lemon.
- 5Cook the mango on moderate heat for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- 6When the mixture becomes golden and begins to thicken, turn off the heat and cool.
- 7Divide the dough into two parts, one larger than the other, and roll out the dough to two sheets for the pie crust.
- 8Line a pie plate with the larger sheet first and add the mango filling, add the smaller sheet on top and seal the edges closed.
- 9Brush the surface with some melted butter and sprinkle with some raw sugar.
- 10Bake at 180C for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- 11Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.