- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water (divided)
- 1 chile pepper (such as thai bird or serrano)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 5 egg yolks (94 grams)
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mango (puree, about half a mango)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Set the KitchenAid® Gas Convection Slide-In Range with Baking Drawer to Steam Bake – Desserts, at 300 degrees F, and fill the built-in Steam Rack tray with water.
- Place the sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a KitchenAid® Professional Seven-Ply 1.5-Quart Saucepan, and bring to a boil. When the syrup turns golden, add the chile pepper and cayenne, if using.
- Continue to cook the syrup until it becomes a deep amber color. Add the cayenne, if using, along with the remaining 2 tablespoons of water, and swirl the pot gently to combine. Fish out the chile and pour the caramel into a KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick Loaf Pan.
- Place the eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, mango, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Food Processor. Process for about a minute, or until smooth. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, over the caramel and into the loaf pan. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for one hour and twenty minutes, or until set around the edges but still slightly jiggly toward the center. (When placed in the center of the flan, the wireless probe should register 180 degrees F.)
- Chill the flan overnight. Run a thin knife around the sides of the pan, then invert onto a serving platter. Slice and serve.
|Calories400Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|