Mangos are a great foil to the smoky flavor of ham. This chutney has a kick from the Serrano chile pepper and some sweet from the preserves that evens out nicely.
- 1 mango (seed removed, peeled and chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon serrano chiles (chopped, seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint (chopped)
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together all ingredients, except mint. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 to 6 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in mint. Serve warm or chilled with fully-cooked ham. Can be made ahead and refrigerated for 1 week. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.