- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped, 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (yellow)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 mangos (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk (If using lowfat coconut milk, add 2 Tbsp heavy cream)
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs (or breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
- cilantro (for garnish)
|Calories480Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Madeline Appleton 12 Nov 2018
OMG! this recipe is so easy and absolutely delicious.
L.J. 17 Oct 2018
Loved recipe!! Good to have on a cold rainy day...comfort food
Mike Gilpin 6 Jul 2018
Easy to make, family raved about the flavor! I added some fresh haricots vertes cut into about 2-inch lengths. Served it over brown rice/wild rice combo for lower carbs.
Heidi 23 Jun 2018
I did not puree. Added 1/4 tsp scotch bonnet puree and swiched a 1/4 brick 1.5 oz of cocont cream for coconut milk. Served over quinioa. Delicious!
Jeff 19 Jun 2018
Awesome! Substituted Greek yogurt and it worked great
Lizotte-Hall 6 Jun 2018
Very tasty and easy to make.
Lorraine C. 17 Jan 2018
It was easy to make I found it a little bland needed more spice more curry flavour didn’t find it too sweet and I used two mangoes Would make it again with my own personal tweaks I also chose not to purée the sauce I would do that next time I think it would make the flavour better
Zeke Francis 6 Jan 2018
The exciting thing about being in a kitchen for me is the improv aspect; I didn’t have coconut milk but used whole milk and sour cream instead. Also, I made mine spicy.
Ally F. 25 Jul 2017
This was very good! I did not purée it.
Miss Viktoriya 5 Jun 2017
Great!!! I would add extra milk when simmering. Will definitely make it again😊
Gabriele K. 23 Apr 2016
This dish is easy to make and very delicious, however it turned out slightly too spicy for the kids. We put some extra sour cream in there and it was still very delicious!
Joe T. 8 Mar 2016
Easy to use, fun to cook and gave me ideas that I didn't think of. Friends and family loved the food I cooked:)!
Chuk Ikéh 6 Mar 2016
One of my favorite recipes of all time. Delicious every time, and still good the next day for lunch!
Sania K. 12 Oct 2015
This recipe has become one of our staples. I made enough to last us a few days but it was so yummy that we devoured it within two days! Don't forget to pick up some naan bread!
Haloti T. 23 Sep 2015
What a great meal, my wife and daughter loved and wanted more. I would deferentially double the sauce next time