Mango is not often used in baking, but if this moist and flavorful cake is any indication, perhaps it should be. The batter is supremely easy to prepare; just whisk together mango pulp, melted and cooled butter, sugar, water, and flour, whisking well between each ingredient to fully combine, and then the eggs are added one at a time, whisking well after each. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
- 400 grams mango (pulp)
- 200 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 200 milliliters water
- 300 grams flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Mix mango pulp and sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix again.
- Stirring constantly, add water.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk well between each addition.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- After cake cools, dust with powdered sugar.