Cool way to spend a summer's day and to use leftover roast. Fix the first part of this the night before. The rest of the salad comes together quickly and doesn't require heating the kitchen. Serve with mini muffins and gingered lemonade.
- 1/2 pound pork loin roast (cooked, cut into thin strips)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (sliced in half)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- 8 ounces mandarin orange segments (chilled and drained)
- 3 tablespoons almonds (sliced)
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar and salt together; pour over pork and let pork marinate 4-24 hours, covered and refrigerated. Toss together lettuce, celery, grapes, green onion and parsley. Add dressing and pork; toss well. Carefully fold in mandarin orange slices. Makes four 1 1/2-cup servings; top each serving with a few almond slices.