- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (finely, plus more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 6 cups white button mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (to serve)
- sea salt (to taste)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil, and sautÃ© the onions, thyme, and garlic for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, tamari, and black pepper, and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are reduced and cooked through.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to the jar of the KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender, and add the broth. Secure the lid, and set the blender to the Adapti-Blendâ„ Soup program. Blend until the machine turns itself off. Alternatively, blend for about 5 minutes, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10.
- Soup will come out of the Blender hot. Season with salt to taste, and garnish with finely chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread or a scoop of cooked grains.