Mackerel, two ways: In this recipe half the mackerel is coated with flour, fried to a crisp, and served with a seasoned tomato sauce. The other half is poached and then served with potatoes and a salad. You could make just one or the other, of cours…
, but each one somehow tastes better when served with the other, as a sort of tapas for sharing with others. To make the tomato sauce, be sure to cook the onions until they are very tender with the wine and tomato paste.
- 1 kilogram mackerel (small)
- coarse salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- olive oil
- 1 onion (large, sliced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 210 grams tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- white wine vinegar
- Clean the mackeral and remove the guts and head.
- Divide in two parts for each preparation.
- Mackeral in Tomato Sauce Preparation: