Flip the switch on mama's mac and cheese! This recipe is for Macaroni and Cheese. This delicious and flavorful recipe only contains ingredients. It's not only delicious but good for you! Don't believe us? Try this Macaroni and Cheese recipe for yourself. Let us know your thoughts about this recipe in our comments below. Or give this recipe a star rating! It's great to share your thoughts with others! Happy Cooking!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk (warm)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf (small)
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the macaroni in water according to the instructions on the package, al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and brown for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk, and continue to stir. Add the onion, bay leaf, and paprika.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the stove and add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Stir until it melts and remove the bay leaf.
- Add the cooked macaroni, mixing carefully to cover with the sauce.
- Pour into a baking pan. Add the rest of the cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.