- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine (or butter, softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (cut into small chunks)
- 3 1/2 ounces macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped)
- Place brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat
- beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and Scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4
- and beat about 1 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add 1 cup flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add remaining 1 1⁄2 cups flour and mix about 30 seconds longer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix
- about 30 seconds. Turn to Stir Speed and add chocolate chunks and nuts, mixing just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart, bake at 325°F for 12 to
- 13 minutes, or until edges are set. Do not over bake. Cool on baking sheets about 1 minute. Remove to
- wire racks and cool completely.