I find the citrus flavor of these little casseroles very craveable. I like using fresh lemon and orange zest to brighten the taste of the sweet potatoes. A quick tip: Zest the citrus first, then juice it. You’ll find it much easier to zest the fruit…
before it’s cut in half.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large pot of cold, lightly salted water and place it over high heat. When it comes to a boil, cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until very tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly mist six 3 1/2″ (approximately 1/2-cup capacity) ramekins with spray.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to a medium mixing bowl along with the orange juice, evaporated milk, lemon juice, butter, agave, zests, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. With a hand mixer, beat the mixture until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle the pecans evenly on top. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are hot throughout and the nuts are lightly toasted. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
- Note: Be sure to cut the potatoes into relatively uniform pieces so they cook evenly. Per serving: 114 calories, 2 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates (7 g sugar), 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 94 mg sodium