- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 3/4 cup glace cherries
- 3/4 cup pineapple wedges (dried)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed peel (chopped)
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds (chopped)
- 2 cooking apples (large, grated)
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brandy (or rum)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 orange peel (grated and orange juiced)
- 1 lemon peel (grated and lemon juiced)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Place fruits, peel and almonds in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Place in a large bowl. Add apples, brown sugar, butter, brandy, spices, citrus peel and juice; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 days, stirring daily.
- For the tart dough, sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and enough lemon juice to form a dough. Knead dough until smooth. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of parchment paper until 1/8 inch-thick. Cut out twenty-four 3 1/2-inch rounds. Press rounds into two 12-cavity tartlet pans. Fill each cavity with fruit mince.
- Re-roll pastry scraps and cut into 24 shapes. Top each tart with a shape. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 15 mins, until golden. Cool in pans. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.