- 6 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 courgettes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 stalk celery (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 1 cabbage (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 3 yellow peppers (deseeded and chopped)
- 3 onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 450 grams frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 mins. Add the chopped vegetables, except for the tomatoes and green beans. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil. Stir in the granulated vegetable bouillon. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove 2/3 of vegetables from the soup. Purée the remaining vegetables in the pan with an immersion blender. Return the chopped vegetables to the soup. Add the tomatoes and green beans. Bring to a simmer. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves.