Boost your veggie intake and enjoy pizza too with these easy, low-carb pizza melts.
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 8 basil leaves
- Cut off the ends of the eggplant, and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Salt the eggplant slices, cover in paper towel, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pat the eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, and bake the eggplant slices for 15 minutes until the eggplant beings to brown.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven, and spread 1-2 tbsp of marinara sauce on each slice.
- Tear the basil leaves and mozzarella, and sprinkle over the eggplant slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.