- 1 onion (large, diced small)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's, or other Creole seasoning of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 4 cups small red beans (cooked, or use 3 cans red beans, rinsed and drained and add 1/2 cup more chicken stock)
- 3 cups ham (diced lean, or Louisiana Hot Sausages, dice into pieces about the size of the cooked beans)
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce (or use a smaller amount of red Tobasco)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cups cooked white rice (for serving, Use Uncle Bean's Converted Rice for South Beach Diet.)
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Genevieve W. 5 Jun
This is a great rexipet to go by! I always modify recipes, adding more spices to our taste!
Rita Melissa 16 May
very good bit seemed to be missing something.
Richie Medina 8 Mar
*Cook time is not 65 minutes, please read the directions. Beans came out fantastic though
Sadler 10 Feb
I used Andouille Sausage in place of the ham...absolutely delicious!
Steph 31 Dec 2017
turned out amazing..
April 15 Dec 2017
Loved it!! Used veggie broth and andouille sausage, it was amazing! New staple in our house!
sunshine A. 17 Oct 2017
love it! the whole family loves this recipe and cant wait till the next time I make it! 5 stars 💥💥💥💥💥
Tracy T. 27 Aug 2017
I love this recipe. I've done both lean ham and the Cajun sausages but the kids eat the ham better
Sarah O. 16 Jul 2017
I have made this several times! Even my kids love it! Excellent recipe
Giertz 27 Jun 2017
I simmered on stovetop instead so I could control the thickness. I followed all the steps and Ingredients up until putting in crockpot. Smashed some beans at every stir to increase thickness. I used andouille, quartered. Love the way it turned out, and the heat is really nice. Really salty though... not sure if it's the creole seasoning or the reduction of the sauce, but wow! Gonna reduce the creole next time a bit, probably half.
Shawn I. 12 Dec 2016
Great recipe! I use the canned dark red beans, low sodium with smoked ham diced into smaller than bite sized pieces and sauteed chicken andouille sausage on the side.
David T. 27 Mar 2016
You bet I will make many times, it is great with the ham, will try sausage next, every one loves it and wants the recipice