- chicken wings
- peanut oil
- cayenne pepper (PaprikaRed)
- onions (PowderGarlic PowderKosher SaltFresh Ground Black PepperAll Purpose FlowerAny Louisiana Based Hot SauceButter, UnsaltedRed Pepper FlakesLime)
- Start off by separating the chicken wings - Legs/Drumsticks/Wing. Rinse and dry them throughly.
- In a large bowl, place the parts of the wings (or separate them if you wish) and add the salt and pepper to taste and toss them.
- There are 2 ways you can make these Baked or Fried. If you like hot wings, you'd fry them with peanut oil, but if you're a bit of a health person, baking them isn't a bad option either. They both taste great.
- Optional: Wether you're baking or frying them, if you've never cooked hot wings before you can boil these wings right now in hot water for 5-8 minutes (not fully cooked) and drain them after. This will allow you to have the perfect crispness you'd desire in a hot wing. If not, you can just leave them as is and cook them longer in the fryer or oven.
- After boiling the wings (or not), Add all of the spices except for the flour together in a bowl with the wings and mix them. You can adjust the amount of cayenne and paprika to your "heat level". After a nice rub of spicies are visible on the wings, add enough flower to coat them. Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for a hour (or more if you desire).
- When you're ready too cook, here are your options:
- BakingPreheat oven to 375FOil a piece of foil or baking sheet with peanut oil and lay the wings down on it. Bake for about 8 minutes on each side (if boiled) or 13-15 minutes on each side (non-boiled).
- While wings are baking, make the hot sauce by pouring hot sauce in a sauce pan, add half a stick of unsalted butter, red pepper flakes, and 1/4th of a lime. When butter is melted, stir until the sauce boils rapidly then remove from heat. Let it cool (add more red peppers for heat if you wish).
- FryingAdd oil to a pot and heat it up. Fry for about 10 minutes and evacuate and drain excess oil.
- In a container, add the cooled hot sauce and wings, close the contain, and shake lightly for about 15-20 seconds until wings are covered.
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.