You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe forLombard Cabbage Soup with Ham Salt. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 1 cabbage (medium lombard)
- 3 leeks
- 3 ham (tips or chips)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarsely chop cabbage and leeks.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water, then bring to a boil for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry ham pieces until crispy, then set aside to cool.
- Grind cooled ham in a food processor.
- When cabbage and leeks are cooked, add oil and puree.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with ham salt.