Loin Stuffed with Alheira PâtéHoje para Jantar
This pork loin is stuffed with alheira sausage for a delicious and impressive dinner. This dish is perfect for entertaining guest, as it feeds a crowd. The meat is cooked on a bed of tomatoes and onions and basted thoughout cooking with an orange juice based sauce which helps keep the meat moist and adds a tons of flavor. Serve the meat with some rice or potatoes and a green salad for a filling meal.
- 1 alheira sausage
- 1 eggs
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 orange
- 1 onions
- 1 tomatoes (ripe)
- 100 milliliters white wine (or beer)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Preheat the oven to 160º C.
- 2Prepare the pâté de alheira: remove the skin from the alheira and place in a frying pan. Beat the egg with the chopped parsley and add to the alheira, stirring very well.
- 3Cut the loin as if it were unrolling, first making the cut leaving 1 cm in the bottom, until it reaches the middle and continue until opening the loin into a sheet.
- 4Fill with pâté, wrap carefully and tie with kitchen twine.
- 5Slice the onion, then peel and seed the tomato. Peel the garlic.
- 6In a baking dish place the onion, tomato, olive oil, wine, garlic, bay leaf and orange juice. Save a few slices of orange to put on top of the loin.
- 7Place the loin on the baking sheet, season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the orange slices you reserved.
- 8Bake for 2 hours. Drizzle with the sauce in the middle of the baking.
- 9At the end of the time, remove the lid and raise the temperature to 220 ° for 10 minutes so the loin becomes golden.