- 1 package german chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines® Decadent)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks (white)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix with ½ cup melted butter, sweetened condensed milk, egg, toasted pecans, coconut, dark chocolate and white chocolate chunks. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, warm water and small ingredient pouch from cake mix. Spread onto brownies and cut into 32 squares.
- For a simple dulce de leche, submerge an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water, simmer for 3 hours (less, if you want it a thinner consistency) and cool.
- Duncan Hines Comstock More Fruit Cherry Filling is really versatile. Try pushing individual cherries into the batter before you bake Salted Caramel Decadent Brownies. You’ll be glad you did!
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Clean caramel from a pot by filling it with water and letting it simmer on the stove—the warm water will wash it away.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
- If there are nuts in your dessert, always try to garnish with the nut that is in the mixture. This is a way to inform your guests that are sensitive to certain foods.
- Make chocolate mint leaves as a garnish: Rinse and dry your mint leaves dip the base or half from stem to tip and let dry on wax paper or parchment.
- When dusting items with powdered sugar always dust them on a piece of wax paper away from the final display to prevent dusting outside the intended area. The excess powdered sugar is collected by the paper and easily transferred to a storage container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1130Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.