If you're in need of a fast and filling dinner, look no further than these fool proof Loaded Chili Baked Potatoes.
- 4 russet potatoes (medium, baked)
- black pepper
- 28 ounces chili with beans
- 3 ounces mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1 scallion
- sour cream (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Scoop out a few Tablespoons of the potato flesh from each potato. Reserve for an alternative use, or discard.
- Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet. Season the insides of the potatoes with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spoon an equal amount of chili into each potato, doming it slightly over the tops. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly. over the potatoes.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chili and potatoes are heated through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Finely mince the scallion.
- Top each potato with a generous spoonful of sour cream and the minced scallion. Serve immediately.