With spiced ground chicken, hearty black beans, and tons of colorful toppings, these nachos are better than a restaurant's and healthier too!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 16 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- 2 tomatoes (large)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 jalapeno chilies (small)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the chicken with a rubber spatula as it cooks. Add the spices, salt, and black pepper, to taste. Stir evenly distribute the spices. Add the black beans to the skillet and continue to cook 1-2 minutes more, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in an even layer over the surface of the baking sheet. Cover the chips with the chicken and black bean mixture, leaving a 1” border of chips exposed. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the chicken an black beans.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the nachos for 9-11 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted.
- With a sharp knife, dice the tomato and red onion. Remove the seeds from the jalapeño and finely mince. Roughly chop the cilantro. Peel the avocado, remove the pit, and dice into 1/2” cubes.
- Remove the nachos from the oven. Top with the diced tomato, red onion, jalapeño, black olives, avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the toppings. Drop generous teaspoons of sour cream evenly over the nachos. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories950Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.