Looking for something new for your weekend brunch? Try these fun scrambled egg, bacon, and cheese loaded baked potatoes.
- 4 russet potatoes (medium, baked)
- black pepper
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream (for serving)
- hot sauce (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Season the insides of the potatoes with salt and black pepper.
- Finely mince the scallions.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the eggs into the skillet, along with half the minced scallions and half the crumbled bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes, folding the eggs with a rubber spatula, until they are softly scrambled. Sprinkle in half the shredded cheese, and fold to melt it. Season with 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet. Spoon an equal amount of the scrambled eggs inside of each potato. Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining minced scallions and crumbled bacon over the tops of the potatoes.