With crispy bacon, sweet maple syrup, and bourbon, these sweet potatoes are unlike anything you've ever eaten!
- 4 sweet potatoes (medium, baked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each sweet potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Scoop out about half of the potato flesh from each potato and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, bourbon, 1 Tbs. maple syrup, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Smash the mixture with a large fork into a chunky mash. Add an additional 1 Tbs. of maple syrup for a sweeter potato mash, if desired.
- Fold about 2/3 of the crumbled bacon into the sweet potato mash. Set aside the remaining bacon for serving.
- Place the hollowed sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet. Spoon an equal amount of the potato mash inside of each potato.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes are heated through and slightly caramelized on top.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled bacon over the tops of the potatoes. Serve immediately.