Loaded with all the fixings, these potatoes are a meal in themselves.
- 4 russet potatoes (medium, baked)
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream (Additional, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Scoop out about half of the potato flesh from each potato and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely mince the scallions. Add half of the scallions to the mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, half of the bacon, half of the shredded cheese, and salt and black pepper to the bowl. Smash the mixture with a large fork into a chunky mash.
- Place the hollowed potatoes onto the baking sheet. Spoon an equal amount of the potato mash inside of each potato. Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining minced scallions and crumbled bacon over the tops of the potatoes.
- Top each potato with a generous spoonful of sour cream, if desired. Serve immediately.